Joining our fundraising team is a great way to meet new people, have fun, and to raise vital funds for The Somerville Foundation!
Volunteer Regional Patient Representatives
Ongoing | Various Locations Nationwide
The Somerville Foundation is establishing the roles of two regional representatives at each of the specialist Level One Heart Centres.
In addition, we will aim to have six patient representatives who will raise awareness of the needs of:
- Women who wish to start a family
• Transplant patients
• Mental health and wellbeing issues
• The needs of the BME community
• Young people
• Older patients
There will therefore be a network of seventeen people: eleven based around specialist centres and six people representing the above areas.
- Update fellow patients about changes or issues at their centre or about their specialist area through regular blogs on the new website
- Work closely with specialist nurses, helping to ensure accurate information reaches patients and effective patient feedback is shared
- Represent patients on local planning groups or national groups when appropriate
- Raise awareness using local and national media
- Support fundraising locally
- Provide evidence, stories and quotes for fundraising bids.
If you are interested in finding out more about the roles please call 01473 252007 alternatively you can download an overview of the role below:
If you would like to put yourself forward for consideration for the role please email : email@example.com
Ad-hoc | Nationwide
Visit our Events page to see our current events.