NIGHTRIDER™ GLASGOW 2019
Date: 22/23 June 2019
Distance: 50km or 100km
After the success of the inaugural Glasgow Nightrider in May 2018, the iconic charity bike ride is
returning to Scotland in 2019. You can be a part of this special cycle challenge! Taking place
throughout the night, Nightrider is a charity ride which is all about having fun, seeing the sights
and taking on a personal challenge.
You can choose from a 50km or 100km route in and around Glasgow. Explore the city’s top sights,
latest attractions, famous landmarks and discover some lesser well-known treasures. Whether
you’re cycling on your own, with your friends, family or work colleagues, we can promise you a
different kind of Saturday night! This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive, it is all about having
a good time and cycling together. Enjoy the sights, take photos, support each other and help us to
The ride starts from a central location beside the River Clyde and is a route of two halves. The first
section takes in the south side of Glasgow, whilst the second half is all about the west end and city
centre. Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night, along
with a well-earned breakfast roll and medal at the finish.
• Enjoy cycling past the sights of Glasgow in this unique charity bike ride at night.
• The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS
route will also be released.
• Choice of routes – 50km or 100km
• Amazing atmosphere with hundreds of cyclists riding together, raising funds.
• Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
• Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Challenge who have
been organising challenge events for more than twenty-five years.
Is Nightrider for me?
• If you’re looking for a different and enjoyable challenge then this is for you!
• You should be confident in cycling alongside traffic. Some roads are busy even at night.
The route is mainly on quieter roads, but it does take in some of Glasgow’s lively spots,
which will be busy with the public and vehicles.
• This event is not a race and is not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
Most people complete the 100km route in 6-8 hours. The maximum time permitted is 10
• You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event – it is a challenge and you
will need to be able to cycle 50km or 100km. We therefore do not recommend this event
for beginner riders.
Sound like the event for you? We’d love you to join the SOMERVILLE FOUNDATION Nightrider Glasgow
team on one of our limited Charity Places.
You will need to pay a registration fee and we ask to you commit to raising £175 minimum
sponsorship for us.
We’ll give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success.
To secure your place in Nightrider please click below to complete the short registration form and
pay your registration fee. You can select which distance you would like to register for. We’ll then
be in touch to welcome you to the team and support you on your way.
Register now for just £45
Have a read through of the Frequently Asked Question document here if you’d like any more