Carers UK is an organisation that has a wealth of information on all aspects of caring including for people.
- Information on the different aspects of caring
- Practical advice for in the home such as aids and adaptations
- Help with care and respite
- Help with money and information on benefits such as Carers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance
- Contact details for local carer groups that meet and offer practical advice and support in your area
- Online support forum and advice line
Other ways to get help.
Here are some other organisations and groups that offer advice and support to carers.
- Mind the Gap Northern Ireland. Assists 1,500 carers (aged 60+) in Northern Ireland (through existing service provision channels, and by identifying gaps in services) to have an improved quality of life through better access to advice on benefits and services
- Carers Trust. Carers Trust believes in a world where the role and contribution of unpaid carers is recognised and they have access to the quality support and services they need to live their own lives
- Disabled Living Foundation (DLF). DLF is a national charity providing impartial advice, information and training on independent living
- Contact a Family. Information and advice on any aspect of caring for a disabled child.
How can you help us?