NIGHTRIDER™ LIVERPOOL 2019
Date: 13 / 14 July 2019
Distance: 50km or 100km.
Nightrider Liverpool is back for the 4th consecutive year in Liverpool and you can be a part of this
special cycle challenge! Taking place throughout the night, Nightrider is a charity ride which is all
about having fun, seeing the sights and taking on a personal challenge.
You can choose from a 50km or 100km route in and around the Wirral and Liverpool. Explore the
city’s top sights, latest attractions, famous landmarks and discover some lesser well-known
treasures. Whether you’re cycling on your own, with your friends, family or work colleagues, we
can promise you a different kind of Saturday night! This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive,
it is all about having a good time and cycling together. Enjoy the sights, take photos, support each
other and help us to raise funds.
This action-packed event includes all the city’s iconic landmarks and legendary musical heritage
sites. The first 50km loop starts with a ride through the Mersey Tunnel (which will be closed to
other traffic) over to the Wirral Peninsula. Highlights include the Royal Liverpool Golf Club, West
Kirby and Port Sunlight, plus there are spectacular views back over the city centre. Loop 2 takes in
some world-famous landmarks: Liverpool’s historic waterfront, Albert Dock, Echo Arena, Cavern
Club, Empire Theatre, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Knotty Ash, Anfield Stadium (Liverpool FC)
and Goodison Park (Everton FC). Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided
throughout the night, along with a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
• Enjoy cycling past the many sights of Liverpool and the Wirral in this unique charity bike
ride at night.
• The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS
route will also be released.
• Choice of routes – 100km, 50km Wirral loop or 50km Liverpool city loop.
• Amazing atmosphere with hundreds of cyclists riding together, raising funds.
• Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
• Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Challenge who have
been organising challenge events for more than twenty-five years.
Is Nightrider for me?
• If you’re looking for a different and enjoyable challenge then this is for you!
• You should be confident in cycling alongside traffic. Some roads are busy even at night.
The route is mainly on quieter roads, but it does take in some of Liverpool’s lively spots
which will be busy with the public and vehicles.
• This event is not a race and is not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
Most people complete the 100km route in 6-8 hours. The maximum time permitted is 10
• You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event – it is a challenge and you
will need to be able to cycle 50km /100km. We therefore do not recommend this event for
Sound like the event for you? We’d love you to join the Somerville Foundation Nightrider Liverpool
team on one of our limited Charity Places.
You will need to pay a registration fee and we ask to you commit to raising £175 minimum
sponsorship for us.
We’ll give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success.
To secure your place in Nightrider please click below to complete the short registration form and
pay your registration fee. You can select which distance you would like to register for. We’ll then
be in touch to welcome you to the team and support you on your way.
Register now for just £45
Have a read through of the Frequently Asked Question document here if you’d like any more
Full terms and conditions of Nightrider can be found here.