Portrait painting by David Makinson
To help raise funds, patient and amateur artist, David Makinson will paint your portrait or that of a family member for just £20.00 plus a donation of your choosing to The Somerville Foundation.
If you are interested, read on:
- You will need to provide a good quality digital photograph for David to work from.
- The photograph should be a head and shoulders shot with a pose of your choosing i.e. looking straight ahead or at an angle. If you normally wear glasses, these can be included.
- Ideally, your facial expression should be neutral, but you may choose. The reason for a neutral expression is because teeth are notoriously difficult to paint. You may have noticed that most professional portraits hanging in galleries show a neutral facial expression.
- Please avoid heavily patterned fabrics in your choice of clothing for your portrait.
- Portraits will be painted using acrylic paints on a canvas board and varnished on completion.
- The canvas board will measure 35.6 cm x 25.4 cm or 14’’ x 10’’.
- The finished portrait will be posted to you unframed so you can choose your own frame.
- Pay the initial £20.00. This is to cover the cost of materials and postage.
- Send a good quality digital photograph to David Makinson at email@example.com. He will consider the photograph and contact you to acknowledge receipt and to discuss your photograph if required.
- You need to allow for at least two to three months for David to complete your portrait as he needs to fit this around work commitments and enjoy the process – this is hobby not a profession.
- Once completed David will email you a photograph of your finished portrait. If you are happy with it, at that point you will then need to pay your donation to The Somerville Foundation based on what you feel the painting is worth to you and what you can afford to donate. David is keen not to exclude people based on their income.
- When David has received confirmation from the Somerville Foundation that a donation has been received for your painting, he will then post the painting to you.