We know that the vital support we offer is needed now more than ever, and we hope that with your help we can remain sustainable and available to help more adults with ACHD now and in the years to come. Together, we can beat this!
Although our team is currently reduced, we are pulling out all the stops to provide as many avenues of support for our ACHD patients during this difficult time, providing:
- A webinar with Professor Michael Gatzoulis, Professor of Cardiology, Congenital Heart Disease Royal Brompton/Harefield NHS Trust & Imperial College, London, UK; made possible with Rob Nicoll – Trustee The Somerville Foundation UK, Ms Rachel Adam-Smith, Yorkshire, UK (ACHD Patient of Brompton) and the team in Italy; Professor Massimo Chessa, Head ACHD Unit, Policlinico San Donato, Milan, Italy and Dr Paolo Ferrero, Consultant Paediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology, Bergamo, Italy;
- ‘Ask a question’ to Fiona, our retired nurse specialist;
- a successful zoom session with Richard Bird as part of Mental Health awareness week;
- A Facebook Fundraiser, raising over £2000 enabling us to un-furlough a member of staff;
- The 2.6 Challenge raising vital funds to replace those normally achieved from the London Marathon;
- Moved office and re-organising layout so staff can social distance when they all return to work from the office, staggering start and leave times, providing hand sanitizer etc;
- Zoom calls with Professor Jane Somerville.
There’s more to come:
- A fundraising campaign to enable us to provide more webinars and information sessions;
- A follow-up zoom session with Dr Liza Morton, clinical Psychologist joining our Mental Health & Wellbeing Counsellor
- Currently building a self-help toolkit;
- Virtual meet ups;
- A ‘buddying’ system, where people with CHD are happy to chat to other patients who have questions or are struggling with being in isolation.
We continue to offer:
- Services of our Mental Health & Wellbeing Counsellor;
- Confidential Helpline;
- Employment law specialist help;
- Life insurance;
- All our social media channels up-dated regularly with interesting and engaging posts;
- Website constantly up-dated with new resources added including Coronavirus guidance of our own, written by Dr Fiona Walker, our medical adviser as well as information from various specialist centres and the British Congenital Cardiac Association (BCCA) and links to nhs and gov.uk sites.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding at this difficult time. We continue our fundraising efforts via online channels and campaigns as well as applying for funding with limited resources. A huge thank you to Richard Bird for providing his services free of charge (for 3 months) and to the FaceBook moderators who have found themselves monitoring the group so much more during this time.
A massive thank you to all, our ACHD patients and supporters for bearing with us, supporting us with the various fundraising campaigns as well as our volunteers Sam and Katie. We can’t do what we do without you, if you are able to donate, please visit our donate page for more information on how you can donate to us.
Please keep checking our website regularly for new online campaigns. If you have any fundraising ideas you would like to share with us, we’d love to hear from you.Please get in touch by sending an email to: email@example.com